Fade Haircut for Men
The fade haircut is a popular men’s haircut that consists of tapering the hair length from the top of the head to the lower area of the head (i.e. nape). The length of the hair is decreased gradually so that the length of the hair is cut without any sharp edges; the fade is a smooth haircut.
The fade can actually be divided into several types of fade haircuts
- Regular fade haircut: the tapering of the hair goes all the way down to the hairline
- High fade haircut: the tapering of the hair ends high on the scalp, one to two inches below the temples
- Low fade haircut: the tapering ends one to two inches before reaching the hairline.
Variations of the fade haircut
The fade is a haircut in itself but it is also associated with other haircuts such as the high top fade haircut and the afro blowout haircut.
- High top fade haircut: the hair on the top of the head is trimmed vertically so it lays perpendicular to the scalp. The fade used is a high fade.
- Afro blowout haircut: the hair on the top of the head is trimmed in layers so it is shaped around the head, with this being a usual haircut for a natural afro hairstyle. Any fade can be used for an afro blowout haircut although a low fade is very commonly used.
Click the following link to learn more about the fade haircut http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread-Fade-Haircut-How-to-Hairstyles-Pictures-Products , it’s a very useful thread on the fade haircut at the popular Men’s Hair Forum and they make some great hair product suggestions for the fade too (feel free to check my product recommendations in the link below as well).
Read my list of recommended hair products